The Cowboy's Bible Study
Campus Christian Fellowship
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you" (Matthew 28:19-20).
Interactive discipleship course using parables to better understand the pattern of the tabernacle and the significance it plays in finding a career path.
"In this course I will give my personal testimony of what I have experienced in a 14-year journey of following Jesus through: surrender, sickness, finding my calling, healing, marrying my high school sweetheart, obedience, blessings, trials and tribulations, going through the fire, and receiving the job of my dreams." ~ Wade
Date, Time, Place
- January 6 - March 24, 2013
- Wednesdays 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Location to be announced
- Horsemanship (Foundation): Who We Are in Christ
- Horse Parables Applied to Marriage/Relationships
- Baptisms (to be fully submerged in a substance): Tabernacle Teaching
- Ranch Roping, Rodeo, and Business: Spiritual Gifts
- Roping the Dummy: Developing Your Spiritual Gift
- Tabernacle teaching on the 3 levels of: spiritual maturity, emotion, communicating with God, spiritual battlefields, love, living beings, relationship with the Godhead
- Stock Dog: Desire for the Kingdom
- God's Seed: Tabernacle Teaching
- Stockmanship: Spiritual Discernment and Reading People
- Ranch Roping: Working as a Child of God in His Kingdom
- Evidence of an Anointing: Work Place and Family
Course Outcomes - It is my prayer that students will:
- Have a solid foundation of who they are in Christ.
- Learn and experience how to eliminate the 3 causes of resistance in being used by God.
- Learn and experience the 4 things needed to eliminate resistance in being used by God.
- Learn and experience the 4 levels of directed life.
- Have a foundation to eliminate resistance in marriage/relationships.
- Identify their God given personality and how that may affect their calling, their marriage/relationships and how God may choose to use them.
- Fan into flame and direct their spiritual gifts on a career path.
- Receive insight into spiritual discernment and spiritual warfare.
Recommended Texts & References
- "Spirit Driven Success" by Dani Johnson
- "Wild at Heart" by John Eldridge
- "Captivating" by Stasi Eldridge
- "Resilient Life" by Gordon McDonald
- "The God I Never Knew" by Robert Morris
- "The Three Battlefields" by Francis Frangipane
Required Student Material
- "Returning to Eden: True Unity and Willing Communication" by Wade Black
- "Foundation for Perfection: A Guide to Discipleship" by Wade Black
Methods of Instruction
Lecture, Lab, Demonstration, and Group-Learning
Instructors - Wade and Amaia Black
Term Offered - Winter 2013