Ranch Roping Horse Shows
The objectives of our TFTC Ranch Roping Horse Shows are to:
1. Create a sport promoting the different areas needed to be successful ranch roping.
2. Set a solid foundation in young kids and horses getting ready to enter the rodeo arena.
3. Provide a fun atmosphere where parents and kids can play together at any age, or skill level.
4. Help kids develop skills in the equine and ranching industry that could lead to part time, or full time employment.
5. Improve skill in horsemanship, stockmanship, roping, teamwork, and provide fellowship.
There will be a series of 3 Ranch Roping Horse Shows thoughout the year, in the fall, winter, and spring, with 10 different divisions and 10 different classes. Prizes will be awarded for kids divisions at the end of the spring for the high point competitors in each division. Competitors in each division can compete in as many classes as they like and the total points will go to year end prizes. Adults can choose to enter foundation building classes (Ground Work through Phase 2), and the entry fees from these classes will go for year end prizes for the kids divisions.
Ranch Roping Classes
(Use TFTC Ranch Roping Judges Sheets)
1. Ground Work - Rope dummy sitting on sawhorse, ride horse through obstacle course & rope, rope calves on foot.
2. Phase 1 - Rope dummy on horse, work cow on foot, rope cow w/ breakaway hondo on foot.
3. Phase 2 - Rope dummy on horseback, work cow on horseback, rope cow w/ breakaway hondo on horse.
4. Phase 3 - Rope w/ exp. roper, herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear.
5. Phase 4 - Judged Jackpot Team Branding - Herd of calves with numbers, call number, rope calves, must hold rodear.
6. Phase 4 - Judged Jackpot Team Doctoring - Simulated pasture doctoring, two calves in pen, each person heads and heels, fix ropes themselves.
4. Colt-Class (60 rides or less)